Configuring work rooms and shifts
In order to configure a new work room, you will need the following information:
- the name (or number) of the room. Used in order to identify the room in the system (for eg: "queen room" or "Room Paris" or "Room 1")
- IP address of the computer from that room. This is absolutely necessary because otherwise the performer software will not be able to detect from which room the model authenticated.
After you've created the room, you will have to create the room's shifts:
- shift title (for eg: "Morning shift" or T1 or whatever).
- starting hour for the shift - for eg: 06:00 AM
- ending hour of the shift - for eg: 02:00 PM
Why is the IP address important?
The IP address is very important because the software detects the computer's IP address, and based on this, will detect from which room the model authenticated.
In the moment when the model authenticates in the performer software, the software will read the IP address of the computer and will tell the panel that the shift has started (or continued). At that moment, the panel will search the scehduler to see if the model had a shift scheduled in it. If yes, it will start the shift, otherwise will automatically create a new shift for the model, in that room.
ATENTION: If the panel is not able to detect a shift for the model, it will configure a new shift for "FROM HOME" category, which is a "virtual room", unbound to an IP address.
Why are the start and end times of the shift important?
Its because the software will try to "match" the shift with places in the scheduler. If the model had a shift scheduled for morning, but she comes at work at noon, the software will not touch the morning shift, but instead will create a new shift, for noon. (for which is closest as time-range)